[Asterisk-Users] OT - Experience using Gmail for Asterisk MailingList

Duane duane at e164.org
Tue Sep 7 17:51:01 MST 2004

Rich Adamson wrote:

> No, its not a problem at all. There's a couple of people that have a
> technical reader problem they'd like for us to fix by not top posting.

This has been an ongoing debate for as long as there has been email, and
rather then fixing the problem technically (it really isn't that hard to
detect top posting, inline comments or bottom posting) and having a mail
program rearrange things people try and thrust their preferences on
others by quoting documents so old they were carved out in stone tablets.

However those stone tablets are just someones opinion, and the best way
to fix this debate is to fix the software because people perceive and
view the world differently so they'll in turn respond to emails
differently. Not to mention the firefox guys were actually after ideas
to make their browser more intelligent and they did state they would
accept ideas for thunderbird and this is by far and away would solve all
disputes on this matter.

--

Best regards,
  Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else.
	I only try to dance better than myself."