[Asterisk-Users] Monitored outbound dialing via Zap interface?

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Tue Sep 7 14:52:43 MST 2004

 I'm using a T100p to interface to a channel bank and from there to analog
PSTN lines. Because of my particular setup I have to do post-connect inband
DTMF dialing - which takes up to 5 seconds for a 10 digit number, assuming
0.5/sec per digit (ie. using "zap/g1/31|5|D(6045551212)". Even with an
'outside transfer' voice prompt before commencing dialing my users are
getting confused by the silence before connect.

 I'd like to be able to have 'monitored dialing' whereby they can hear the
dialtone, digits and so on. Essentially bridge-before-connect, but with one
way audio so they can't inject anything into the dial sequence. Can anyone
suggest a method of achieving this from within the dialplan rather than
modifying the Dial() application itself?

Kris Boutilier
Information Systems Coordinator
Sunshine Coast Regional District