[Asterisk-Users] incoming number truncated

Oliver Breidenbach oliver.b at gebe.net
Tue Sep 7 14:40:29 MST 2004

Peter,

On 07.09.2004, at 08:22, Peter Svensson wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Oliver Breidenbach wrote:
>
>> Update:
>>
>> editing "channels/chan_zap.c" and setting "#define DEFAULT_CIDRINGS 2"
>> and recompile seems to have fixed the problem although it still shows
>> only the higher 6 numbers in the CLI console...
>>
>> Very, very, very esoteric.
>
> I still think your pstn provider has configured the link to send the
> last
> two digits as overlap digits instead of using enbloc dialing (sending
> the
> whole number at once after dialing is completed). Did you try enabling
> overlap dialing on that line ("overlapdial=yes" in zapata.conf)?

since it now works, I had no time today to look into this in more
detail.

overlapdial=yes is no in zapata.conf but we had to also change the
DEFAULT_CIDRINGS before seeing an effect.

> For some reason asterisk is sending "Call Proceeding" which tells the
> other end of the isdn connection that no more digits is needed. It has
> enough information to process the call. Are you sure there are no rules
> that could match only the first 6 digits?

I couldn't find one anywhere. I certainly did not add one myself.

> If you run a "pri intense debug" on your modified asterisk with
> DEFAULT_CIDRINGS, do you see more digits coming in in information
> elements?

Will do that next week.

> If you fail to get asterisk to work correctly you could ask your pstn
> provider to configure the isdn link to send the called number
> indication
> enbloc. They should be able to configure that.

Good suggestion. However, it may prove kind of tricky to find someone
at Deutsche Telekom who knows what I would be talking about... ;-)

Cheers,

Oliver.