[Asterisk-Users] SRV lookup fails after DNS update

jo lists at scheko.net
Tue Sep 7 02:11:44 MST 2004

Hi,

SRV records have been working fine until my hoster decided to upgrade BIND.

working wrong syntax:  _sip._udp    SRV    10    10   5050  mydyndns.

correct syntax: _sip._udp  IN  SRV    10    10   5050  mydyndns.

That kicked of one of my domains completly caused by a syntax error that
did no harm to the previous version
After inserting the missing "IN" the zonefile loaded but now I can't
query for the SRV record:

jo at lancelot:~> host -t SRV _sip._udp.mydomain
Host _sip._udp.mydomain not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

Any suggestions,

jo