[Asterisk-Users] SIP rtp port forcing

boris.vincent at mindspeed.com boris.vincent at mindspeed.com
Tue Sep 7 00:16:03 MST 2004

To make it simple, asterisk is running behind a kind of server. They both
have the same ip address. The server has its own udp port opened. If an
incoming rtp packet is on one of these ports, the server swallows it, else
it forwards it to asterisk. The goal is to get the server to swallow the
rtp flow coming from the SIP phone.
There can be 2 solutions :
        - configure the server to use the udp port asterisk created (this
requires to know the udp port create, i don;t know if that's possible)
        - configure asterisk to force the udp port to match the server
one.

Since multiple SIP calls must be possible, the rtp.conf solution won't
work as it can only force 1 udp. The solution would be to change the
rtp.conf and reload it each time a sip call comes in (don't know eather is
that's possible).

anyway, thanks a lot for the tip, i didn't know about the rtp.conf file.
If 1 of the above solution is possible, please let me know. And if you
know of any other possible solution, i would be very happy to hear about
it.

thanks again

Karl Brose wrote :

> You can only restrict the range of ports used, in rtp.conf.
> I suppose restricting it to 2 ports starting on even number might do it,
> but if you're not using SIP on one end, how are you going to start a
call?
> You need to have at least rudimentary call control for SIP invite and
SDP