[Asterisk-Users] RE: multiline IP hardphone w/ FDX speakerphone?

Rana Dutt rdutt at softelinc.com
Mon Sep 6 19:19:19 MST 2004

I use Polycom IP 500's with Asterisk. These phones have 3 line appearances
and excellent full duplex speakerphones. They work very well with Asterisk,
and I was able to use the Web interface to set them up quite easily. The
default Web password given at voip-info.org is wrong, I added a comment on
the Polycom Phones page giving the correct one ("456"). With Asterisk, you
can do both consultative and blind transfers with this phone, and the
Conference button works as you would expect. It's a very high quality
product, and it has more line appearances than the cisco 7940G. I don't know
whether you can get them for less than $200, I paid about $240 each.
Rana Dutt

Message: 8