[Asterisk-Users] incoming number truncated

Oliver Breidenbach oliver.b at gebe.net
Mon Sep 6 14:34:47 MST 2004

Hi there,

we have a strange problem with a E100P Digium card at a Deutsche
Telekom S2M port. (Asterisk 1.0rc2)

We are calling from a number in the same local area code and there
seems to be only the 6 most significant numbers of the target adress
arrive in Asterisk.

For example, we are calling 99999123 and the CLI shows only the 999991
and tries to match that with a extension rule.

(We've set up a rule for _99999XXX with StripMSD(5) and a rule for
extension 123.)

The strange thing is that if I dial the number with the area code (i.e.
089/99999123) or from a mobile fone it works and properly connects to
the correct extension.

We had other pbxs on the same S2M line that work correctly.

Anyone else noticed this problem?

Regards,

Oliver.