[Asterisk-Users] SIP rtp port forcing

Karl Brose khb at brose.com
Mon Sep 6 12:37:13 MST 2004

You can only restrict the range of ports used, in rtp.conf.
I suppose restricting it to 2 ports starting on even number might do it,
but if you're not using SIP on one end, how are you going to start a call?
You need to have at least rudimentary call control for SIP invite and SDP
exchange, and given that you now have SDP exchange you should be able
to accept any port presented by asterisk.