[Asterisk-Users] VM access

William Suffill william.suffill at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 10:25:17 MST 2004

It is but you need to modify your dial plan to make it work.

I do it like such
[inbound] ; context that takes inbound calls and matches em and routes according
exten => 91808,1,Macro(stdexten,101,SIP/101) ; fwd
exten => 5555555555,1,Goto(all-exten,101,1)
; fwd goes start to my stdexten to 101 which doesn't have the options
to press * at vm
; the did goes to all-exten which has some added dialplan features to
make * work for vm

[all-exten]
exten => 0,1,Macro(stdexten,0,SIP/0)
exten => _[1-6]XX,1,SetVar(VMBX=${EXTEN})
exten => _[1-6]XX,2,NoOp(${VMBX})
exten => _[1-6]XX,3,Macro(stdexten,${EXTEN},${EXTEN})
exten => a,1,VoicemailMain(${VMBX})
exten => a,2,Hangup

the a extension is called when * is pressed while in vm . The macro
returns to the context and goes to the a extension