[Asterisk-Users] ChanSpy by anthm and more...

Brian West brian at bkw.org
Sun Sep 5 14:02:21 MST 2004

No it doesn't its just a nice standalone res that allows you to use SQLite
from the dialplan, cli and as a CDR engine and sqlite_Switch.

Its great for a standalone pbx because you can do something like this:

exten => s,1,SQL(SELECT total,balance,lastpaydate FROM customers WHERE
callerid=\'${CALLERIDNUM}\')
exten => s,2,Playback(your-balance-is)
exten => s,3,SayNumber(${balance})
exten => s,4,Playback(dollars)

or something crazy like that.. It turns the first row into channel vars and
you cam use those.  This is a lot more powerful and flexible than
DBget/DBput.

Also say you want to do the same query from the CLI

asterisk*CLI> sql use cdr
asterisk*CLI>
now using /var/lib/asterisk/sqlite/cdr.db

asterisk*CLI> select count(1) from cdr;
asterisk*CLI>

|count(1)|
|131|