[Asterisk-Users] Wildcards and variable number of digits

Brian West brian at bkw.org
Sun Sep 5 12:00:25 MST 2004

Just to clarify the usage of the . wildcard in your dialplan.

Here is the proper usage of this feature which seems to not be documented
ANYWHERE very well.

[default]
include => other
exten => _712XXX,1,NoOp,Blah

[other]
exten => _7.,1,NoOp,somethingelse

The extensions in the current context win over an include.. only if
something doesn't specifically match in [default] but does as a wildcard as
an include then it will work.  Remember includes are your friend.

bkw