[Asterisk-Users] ZAP channell Dial timeout

Tim Robinson timweb at txrx.org.uk
Sun Sep 5 11:55:14 MST 2004

there IS answer supervision if you use a PRI or BRI - dunno about some
of the CAS options used in the US though.  You don't say what type of
Zap channel you are using.  If you are referring to an analogue call on
an X100P or similar, you will not get answer supervision unless  you can
use a patch that went in recently to look for line polarity reversal on
a nalogue exchange lines.  This is used on some analogue exchange lines
to provide answer supervision.  As Mark tells us that polarity reversal
detection is not available on the X100P I assume this feature wll only
work on the new 4-port analogue cards.  Can someone confirm this?

However, you can use call progress detection by setting callprogress=yes
in your zaptel.conf file.  I am still in the initial stages of
experimentation t isee if this presents a viable solution.

If you don't get reliable results, then you have the c option you can
play with.

Dial(Zap/g1c/xxxxxxx,20)

will not send answer supervision to the calling party until the called
party presses #.  This is a great feature but at the moment., the called
party hears silence til they press the # key.  There is a request in
bugs.digium.com to add the playing of a message to the called party
along the lines of 'please press # to accept this incoming call...'
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0002356 refers.  The
more people that add comments and suggestions to thos

Rgds
Tim Robinson
Basingstoke, UK