[Asterisk-Users] Question on echo's for Canadian Asterisk users ...

paul at freestylenetworks.com paul at freestylenetworks.com
Sat Sep 4 13:57:16 MST 2004

Has anyone has issues with echo using a Wildcard with a PRI from a
major Canadian Telco? (Bell, Telus, AllStream, Sprint, Group Telecom).

We are using a T1 from GT that is giving use annoying echos whenever a
SIP/IAX2 client calls a
local analog line. Calling cells phones is no issue since its digital.
Regardless, there should
be no issue with echo on a PRI at all.

NOC at GT is telling us that there is no echo cancellation enabled on
this PRI. 'Talk to your rep' was the response I got ....
To me that’s crap, because they shouldn’t be selling PRI's without
this essential feature.

Has anyone had any similar 'Canadian' experiences with this?

Cheers,

Paul Seniuk