[Asterisk-Users] Any way to _always_ execute certain commands in a dialplan context?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at backtobasicsmgmt.com
Sat Sep 4 10:05:46 MST 2004

Kris Boutilier wrote:

> [foo-context-companya]
> exten => _.,1,DigitTimeout(2)	;2 second pause signifies end of dialing
> exten => _.,2,SetVar(target=${EXTEN})
> exten => _.,3,SetVar(companyCIDNum=18005551212)
> exten => _.,4,SetVar(companyCIDName=companya)
> exten => _.,5,Goto(step2${dialed},1}

These will have to be "_X.", or they will match "step295551212" as well.

> include => tollfree
> include => local

<snip>

> ; Generic includes (could be in seperate file)
> [tollfree]
> exten => _step291800.,1,SetCIDNum(companyCIDNum)
> exten => _step291800.,2,SetCIDName(companyCIDName)
> exten => _step291800.,3,Dial(resource/${target})
>
> [local]
> exten => _step29.,1,SetCIDNum(companyCIDNum)
> exten => _step29.,2,SetCIDName(companyCIDName)
> exten => _step29.,3,Dial(resource/${target})

I like this approach, and I will certainly give it a try and report back
the results.

> However this means an enblock/predialing environment rather than the
> conventional free running pattern matcher - fine if the outbound resource
> has really fast call setup (such as PRI) but not so good if you're doing
> inband DTMF a 2 digits per second, such as normal analog lines. In that case
> you'd need lots of nasty audio-handholding so people don't get too confused
> with the silence on the line during the call setup... which is where I'm at.

We are using only SIP clients, with either PRI or IAX trunks, so we
don't have a problem with call setup times. No analog lines in sight
here :-)