[Asterisk-Users] Re: Help setting 2 Offices in US and India

Sudhir Kumar sudhir1 at adelphia.net
Sat Sep 4 08:15:09 MST 2004

Last month I did precisely that. One of my clients, a big travel agency,
has offices in multiple locations in US and India. Since they handle
large number of incoming calls, I decided to get a PRI in one of the
locations in US. No need of Vonage lines in their case. They have a
private route between Mumbai and DC office, so that phones are on the
same LAN. In one month of operation, never had any problems. Once AT&T's
interent went down for half a day. They were very pleased to find that
their phone calls to main office in USA and India were not affected at
all. There are around 300 calls a day to India. Average load is around
10 calls from PSTN. Occasionally, I see that 16 to 18 lines get busy. We
use G729 only for calls to India

As far as hardware for Asterisk is concerned, I have used Pentium
2.8GHz, 1GB of memory (which is an overkill but memory is cheap), single
T1 card. This machine itself is way underutilized.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

-- sudhir