[Asterisk-Users] Linux distribution

Johannes van Hulst Han.vanHulst at Terra.com.br
Sat Sep 4 04:50:54 MST 2004

Well so far as I know there is no preferred version of Linux for Asterisk.

It will work with the most versions of linux.

For myself I have it perfectly working with new hardware on a fedora core 2
version with a 2.6 kernel

But be sure you can not follow the asterisk installation by the book with a
2.6 kernel.

After some tweaking it is working perfectly for me. I am now trying to write
a step by step manual for fedora core 2

Greetings Han

  _____