[Asterisk-Users] How do you avoid or reduce false hangups on X100P?

Sat Sep 4 02:12:32 MST 2004

Hi

Most of the threads in the list archive relating to X100P and hangups
are about not detecting hangups. We have got the opposite problem.

We have experienced an increased number of false hangups when
connecting an X100P to an analog port of an ISDN terminal adapter. It
happens more frequently on incoming calls than it does on outgoing
calls. Often hangups occur after about 3-4 minutes into the call.

I tried different X100Ps but without any noticeable difference.
Different TAs produce slightly different results, but the bottom line
is that the situation is far less stable than connecting directly to
an analog line. I played with the various parameters in zapata.conf
but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I even tried
different versions of Asterisk and Zaptel, but the false hangups
persist.

BTW, the customer does not wish to convert his ISDN line to analog
lines for a variety of reasons.

Does anybody know how to adjust the zaptel driver so that false
hangups can be reduced?

thanks in advance
regards
benjk