[Asterisk-Users] Lower cost router suitable for VOIP ?

Marconi Rivello marconirivello at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 12:53:12 MST 2004

Hi,

I believe what you're looking for is QoS. I didn't mess around with it
yet... But I know you can setup a cheap linux router with it, so your
VoIP traffic will get more priority.

Here's an idea: setup one linux box as a router, with 1 ethernet for
inside voip, another one for the rest, and the last one to the outside
world. I'm sure you'll find the necessary tools for linux QoS.

Maybe you could have only one inside ethernet connection, and the QoS
thing will let the voip traffic pass with higher priority, but I don't
really know about that. The 2 inside ethernet setup sounds easier to
configure...

Hope it helps...
Marconi.