[Asterisk-Users] New to *

Bill Andersen bill at mwdental.com
Fri Sep 3 11:25:03 MST 2004

I just ran across the * site.  Looks great.  I do not need
a PBX at this time, but DO need to replace an old voice mail
system.  I'll do my homework and figure out the specifics,
but before I dive into it all and spend a bunch of time only
to find out "I didn't understand", is it reasonable to think I
could configure * to simply act as a voicemail system off an
existing PBX?  It looks possible to me.

Who knows, I might learn enough about how it all works to
actually end up replacing my PBX.  But for now, with proper
configuration, could it "act" as a voice mail system?

TIA