[Asterisk-Users] Lower cost router suitable for VOIP ?

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Fri Sep 3 02:30:55 MST 2004

Hi,

we're testing Asterisk 1  RC 2 behind ordinary router and NAT. Since we're
sharing network with web server it seems like voip packets are not coming
through fast enough (Digium demo dies after few seconds...). It's the same
if I make direct calls (passing Asterisk) so we conclude it's network
problem - it also work normally outside our router...

I wonder what solutions can we use to give voice packets higher priority.
I'm avare of VOIP routers, but they are pricey. Can some of common routers
help, or maybe implementing router on another simple Linux box?

Any advice, pointers to more info ?
How to trace network and debug Asterisk in convenient way ?

Thanks in advance,

Robert Rozman