[Asterisk-Users] zap barge restrictions

Asterisk asterisk at dotr.com
Fri Sep 3 00:20:46 MST 2004

I have a couple of questions on the zapbarge:

1) zapbarge asks for a channel - how would a manager know what channel to
enter ? Is there any way of being able to enter an extension number instead
? I know that you can get the information from the manager interface, but I
wouldn't want to give my users access to this, or have to install / write a
system just to get an extension number from a channel

2) is it really all or nothing ? What I mean is that can you restrict a zap
barge to certain extensions only - I wouldn't want one of our operators to
see that the CEO is on the phone and simply barge in without any permission
... I am aware that you can authenticate using a password before you enter
the zapbarge command, but that doesn't fit our requirements.

Am I looking at some custom code / feature request ?

Many thanks.

Julian.