[Asterisk-Users] Empty Queues

ghost at silcon.com ghost at silcon.com
Thu Sep 2 18:04:50 MST 2004

If your agents log in dynamically using AddQueueMember, the Queue app will
not place the caller into an empty queue and you can send them to
voicemail.  If you use AgentLogin or define them in agents.conf, I've
found that Queue will place them into in an empty queue, where they can
sit on hold until hell freezes over.   Can anyone explain why it does this
and why that would be the desirable behavior (if it is)?

Anyway, this works for me...

exten => 100,1,Answer
exten => 100,2,SetCallerID("Sales Queue" (<100>)
exten => 100,3,Queue(salesq|t)
exten => 100,4,Voicemail(u100)
exten => 100,5,Hangup

exten => 90,1,Answer
exten => 90,2,AddQueueMember(salesq)
exten => 90,3,Playback(agent-loginok)
exten => 90,4,Hangup
exten => 90,103,Playback(custom/queue-alreadyon)
exten => 90,104,Hangup

exten => 91,1,Answer
exten => 91,2,RemoveQueueMember(salesq)
exten => 91,3,Playback(agent-loggedoff)
exten => 91,4,Hangup
exten => 91,103,Playback(custom/queue-alreadyoff)
exten => 91,104,Hangup