[Asterisk-Users] Hard Ground (On Ring)

Brent Franks mwless at mindworks.net
Thu Sep 2 13:20:58 MST 2004

Great, thanks for the quick reply.  I will definitely try this.  Verizon
also gave us a bill for $87.00 today for them to tell us what I said
earlier.  What a bunch of $#$#..

> Then, using that butt set (or phone), go off hook and see if the
static
> is still there.  If so, it's telco's problem.  If not, it's yours.
>
> Generally, if the service works and has static or hum on it, it's a
TIP
> ground, since a RING ground would have the effect of seizing the
> circuit, thus making it completely unusable.

I sort of thought the same thing.  And of course, they send the Verizon
Rep on the brightest, sunniest, driest day of the whole summer...
Figures.

> Whatever the cause, though, if it's in telco's stuff, they have to fix
> it.

They're going to love me after this.