[Asterisk-Users] Commercial CID spoofing system

Joshua M. Thompson funaho at jurai.org
Thu Sep 2 13:04:34 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 20:54 +0100, Kevin Walsh wrote:
> William Suffill [william.suffill at gmail.com] lazily top-posted:
> > star38.com .25 connection .07-.13 per min What a bargin
> >
> Was there a point to that, or was that just spam?  You didn't quote any
> context for your statement, so I have no idea what you are referring to
> or answering.

Star38.com is a caller ID spoofing service that was recently announced.
You subscribe to the service, and then when you want to make a call you
fill out a web form with your phone #, the number you want to call, and
the CallerID you want to appear on your call. The system then calls you
and the "victim" and bridges the calls together. Supposedly they're
going to only sell this service to what they consider "legitimate"
customers (licensed private investigators, etc.)

Looks like an Asterisk box and a simple CGI script to me.

--
Joshua M. Thompson <funaho at jurai.org>