[Asterisk-Users] Hard Ground (On Ring)

Brent Franks mwless at mindworks.net
Thu Sep 2 11:27:10 MST 2004

We have been experiencing static noise on one of our phone lines
connected to our Adtran Total Access 750 which is then connected to a
T100P card.  I was convinced that, after rain storms, the static would
get worse, it was surely a problem of Verizon's.  Verizon sent a field
rep out today and he told our secretary (I was busy) that there was a
hard ground on the Ring portion of the line.  Looking at the setup we
have the NID connected directly to a 66 Punchdown block which then spans
out to an amphenol 50 connector that connects to the Adtran.

Could the Adtran be making a hardground anywhere?  Has anyone seen/heard
of this issue before?  Unfortuantely, my background is computers and not
electrical, so I am lost...

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Brent