[Asterisk-Users] Audio dropouts w * and 7960's

Ferrara, Jamie admin at telelaw.com
Thu Sep 2 11:06:22 MST 2004

We are having some problems with the audio during a call dropping out
for a second or so and then returning. This is not at the beginning of
the call and seems to happen randomly. We use primarily Cisco 7960's and
our * is a very current version of CVS head. The server itself is a
Compaq dual PIII 800 w 1GB of RAM, it has a single T100P card with a T1
to our voice provider. We have very light call volumes, the most I have
really seen are 4-5 calls from SIP to ZAP or vice versa. When running
top I see very minimal cpu utilization for example while 2 calls are
active utilization is about 1% on one processor and 3% on the other. Our
phones all run on a physically separate network with their own decent HP
switch so I am inclined to discount networking issues. To test, I have
replaced a few key CAT5 cables which doesn't seem to have done anything.
If anyone has some suggestions as to what to look at or if you have any
ideas on what would help I would really appreciate it.

TIA,

Jamie Ferrara