[Asterisk-Users] Festival TTS & mbrola ?

Eric Bart btk-adm at byortek.com
Thu Sep 2 02:49:19 MST 2004

I use the Background command from the agi. The audio file
has to be in the proper directory, i.e. /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/fr

here's excerpt from a bash script

# phonetize
lliaphon $filetxt                  # creates the ola file

# pronounce
$mbrolaprog -e -f 1.0 -t 0.6 -I $mbrolainitfile $mbrolavoice $fileola $filetmpsnd

# sampling conversion
sox $filetmpsnd -r 8000 -c 1 $filesnd resample -ql  .

# copy
cp -f $filesnd $directory

Then use Background ...

It should be possible to use mbrola at the right sampling rate, making
it faster. Please let me know if you solve this.

Regards
Eric