[Asterisk-Users] zaphfc crashes Linux

Michael Sandee ms at zeelandnet.nl
Thu Sep 2 00:41:34 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm not sure where you come from... but asking for help and ranting
about something is usually the wrong way around... and therefore I will
just point you to the wiki and go help yourself.

Too brittle? It won't work with final... look you probably just came
looking around the corner and have no clue what this is about. It is
open source... you can fix it YOURSELF. Klaus Peter has released up to
date versions of bri-stuff, and followed Mark's development plans, by
switching back to cvs-head at some point. And ofcourse he will use
stable/final again when it is released...

As you might understand... or maybe not cause your writing seems pretty
short sighted... bri-stuff is being maintained by someone who has no
interest in dealing with day-to-day changes in Asterisk that cause
trouble... It's a matter of a known working
Asterisk/Zaptel/Libpri/Bristuff combination at some point in time... I
dare you to look at the patch and see how much it touches... and for
example... look at the switch from stable to head... that was a major
operation.

To make a long story short... Klaus Peter has been keeping bri-stuff up
to date, which is not always easy/straight forward, and implemented a
huge amount of functionality... And is planning alot more... which will
come in very handy in making it popular especially in the European market.

As you might know... a pbx is pretty often a critical piece of your
office, so blindly running on cvs head is really stupid... therefor it
is only sensible that bri-stuff uses a certain version which is known to
work. And if you don't like it... do it yourself, or come up with the
money to fund that kind of customisation.

</rant-in-the-early-morning-after-half-a-cup-of-old-coffee>

Michael