[Asterisk-Users] Whats the '411' on echo cancellation?

paul at freestylenetworks.com paul at freestylenetworks.com
Wed Sep 1 21:57:25 MST 2004

Hello all,

I have a WildCard TE410P setup and working with a full PRI with the
latest CVS.
SIP and IAX2 gateways are accessing the PRI without issue, however;
echo is very
prominent in some calls and is only heard by the IAX2/SIP client. The
echo
Is not present in calls to cell phones because they are digital,
centrex land
Lines have a barely noticable echo, but analog lines aint so pretty.

For some reason, the echo seems to be not as bad when calls are made
from a remote IAX2
Gateway (which accesses the PRI for PSTN calls) that has Zap
interfaces on a  TDM card.

I followed all the main stream wikis on voip-info, and played with the
echo cancellation
Settings to try and find a sweet spot. So far, I havent been able to
improve it that much.

I know I am not the first to be pulling out hair on this issue, so can
Any shed some insight on configuration or point down a troubleshooting
path ...
I am a little new to *.

Any feedback is appreciated :)

Cheers,