[Asterisk-Users] Really Wierd softphone problem ... must read

Steve Maroney steve at stevenet.net
Wed Sep 1 18:00:38 MST 2004

Hey guys,

I have just developed this problem with my Windows XP box. I think it
started since I installed  XP SP2. Both SJPhone and Xlite does some
kind of bridging with the speaker out port. When ever I make a sip call to
where ever, the other party hears a lot of echoing. Well I noticed just
now when I was playing mp3's via Winamp, the music was being played
through my sip calls that I made. I am postivie that I do not have microphone
hooked up anywhere that is causing this. No microphone is needed to
duplicate this problem. It started with SJPHONE. I removed and Reinstalled
SJPHONE ... no luck. I install x-lite and it does it too. I removed XP
SP2, and also updated my sound drivers .. no luck.  Any one ever had this
heppen to them ? Please Help.

I also tried other sip clinets on another pc with no problem so it doesn't
seem to be the server.

Thank you,
Steve Maroney