[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk, newbie, fwd and is this jitter?

Quentin Cope quentin at logabug.com
Wed Sep 1 12:31:00 MST 2004

Hi

I've been playing around with asterisk for a while now at home, just trying
to understand a bit of the technology and seeing what I could get up and
running. Here's where I am at:

I bought myself an X100P card and got an asterisk server up and running on a
gentoo linux distro. I got two windows PC clients, running x-lite to work
with this and got basic functionality running. After some help from this
mailing list I was able to add festival and music on hold to asterisk and
this all seems ok.

I then looked at connecting asterisk to FWD. First I set it all up as a
regular SIP connection and then I moved it onto using IAX. However no matter
how I connect to FWD, festival and music on hold sound awful but fine over
the analogue connection.

If anyone has FWD running, is what you hear on 290718 as good as it gets? Is
this "jitter" that appears in posts to the mailing list?

Regards

Quentin

BTW, I've disconnected the analogue just in case my dial plan is not too
clever ;-)