[Asterisk-Users] Can asterisk detect BUSY signal?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Wed Sep 1 09:18:10 MST 2004

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 August 2004 17:36, Kevin Walsh wrote:
>
>>Spam-dialling should be made illegal.  I, for one, wouldn't spend two
>>seconds adding features to support this sort of usage.
>

> I can think of at least one legitimate use for this -- reverse spam dialling,
> or at least "real person" detection.  I hate sitting in hold queues and my
> usual method is to put the phone on speaker and listen to Muzak while I wait.

Wouldn't it also be a legtimate use when instances arise (I had one two
weeks ago) where one would need to contact a set (or subset) of
customers in a timely fashion?

We had to do an emergency router swap, and something like that would
sure have been nice compared to the way I had to do it.

Not all automated dialing is evil.

B.