[Asterisk-Users] Mitel 5010

slwatts at winckworths.co.uk slwatts at winckworths.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 06:20:21 MST 2004

I am very surprised that you have had problems with a mitel 3300ICP. We
have had one installed here for the past year or so and it is a very good
system. We did suffer the occaisonal crash and then our system was wiped
out by a lightning strike, we had a replacement controller in place and
fully working within 3 hours. Since then we have had absolutely no crashes
at all.

You do need to setup the 3300ICP properly - incorrect configuration can
cause you serious nightmares, but then it is a very flexible system. It
also seems to be very particular about your network setup. Dont even think
about trying to run it over a data network that does not have vlans or
QOS.

The early software versions were pretty poor, however version 4 is much
better and we will soon be upgrading to version 5 so if you want to know
how that fares let me know.

Their teleworker solution is particularly impressive, although I wish they
would release SIP support for their phones and controllers.

Anyone know of a project to bring minet to asterisk?

Sam

Stephen Stull <sstull at gmail.com> wrote on 01/09/2004 13:33:59:

> Is this the 3300IP system?  Those systems *can* be quite good, but
> need to be up to the latest revision and require a bit of tuning.  I'd
> be interested in your finds regardless and could probably experiment
> with a 5005, 5010 or even the higher-end ones.
>
> I'll ask a former co-worker if I can borrow one for testing.
--------------
Winckworth Sherwood Solicitors and Parliamentary Agents
DX 148400 WESTMINSTER 5 : 35 Great Peter Street, London SW1P 3LR
Telephone 020 7593 5000 Fax 020 7593 5099

-Confidentiality-
This email message and any attachments are confidential; they may be subject to legal professional privilege and are intended for the named recipient only. If you are not the named recipient, please return the message and enclosures immediately and delete them from your system.

-Caution-
Before advice received only by email (whether by attachment or otherwise) may be relied on, the authenticity of the communication must be verified by means independent of email.

-Regulation-
The firm is regulated by the Law Society.

-Partners-
A list of partners is available for inspection at each office of the firm and on the firm's website at http://www.winckworths.co.uk