[Asterisk-Users] Zap & ANSWER the Call

Robinson Tim-W10277 Tim.Robinson at motorola.com
Wed Sep 1 06:08:25 MST 2004

Some telcos execute a line polarity reversal to indicate Answer
Supervision. This might be detectable on the TDM400P cards.  ISTR that
Mark said this was available although not implemented.

Other exchanges will sometimes send meter charge pulsing at 50Hz
longitudinal or 12 or 16 Khz.  These options are the only clean way of
getting answer supervision on analogue loop-start circuits.

If you need to be certain of call answer supervision the only tidy
solution I know of is to use ISDN.  I think some of the US T1 systems
answer supervision but I have no knowledge of this. No doubt others on
this list from 'u-law land' can contribute more wisdom.

Rgds
Tim