[Asterisk-Users] dtmf problem

Arsen Chaloyan achaloyan at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 05:28:27 MST 2004

Hello!

I have asterisk updated from CVS on 31/8/2004 with
sample  configuration. I have just changed the
sip.conf to register asterisk with sip proxy in out
intranet.

Then I can successfully make call to asterisk and go
to demo IVR, but no response to dtmfs.

I try to make call from several sip phones: Cisco7960,
Ata186, Snom200. All of them send telephone-event in
INVITE, but asterisk answers with no telephone-event
in OK. Only Sipura3000 "manages" to get answer with
telephone-event in OK and that's why asterisk detects
dtmfs. I try to experiment with dtmfmode in sip.conf
with no results.

So seems there are two issues
1) How asterisk makes decision on telephone-event?
2) Why inband dtmfs doesn't work (g711)?

Thanks, Arsen.

P.S. All this used to work with the CVS version
updated on april.