[Asterisk-Users] Ring tone when busy in trunk scenario

Alessio Focardi afoc at interconnessioni.it
Wed Sep 1 03:07:51 MST 2004

Hi,

I have an asterisk box connected to a PRI LINE, some extensions are
trunked by IAX to another box that's connected via ISDN BRI to a PBX.

That's what's happening

call comes in via PRI to the first box and is sent to the other box

exten => _N.,1,Dial(IAX2/sip:pippo at trunk/*${EXTEN})

the other box rings a pbx (simulating an ISDN call from a BRI line)

exten => _*.,1,Dial(Zap/g1/0553035${EXTEN:1})

The problem is that when a call comes in I get a ringing tone after
the trunking call is received from the second box, prior of dialing
out.

If the called extension is busy a busy condition is reflected to the
first box, but still I get the ringing tone till the timeout where I
hang up.

Is there a way to signal a busy condition without answering the PRI call ?

I would like to have

PRI CALL COMING IN (SILENCE)
TRUNK
CALL TO THE EXTENTION

if extension is ringing
Ring tone to PRI CALL (no answer yet)
PRI call answer on called extension pickup

if extension is busy
Busy tone to PRI CALL (no answer at all)

Hoping for help ... tnx !

--
Best regards,
 Alessio                          mailto:afoc at interconnessioni.it