[Asterisk-Users] international caller id support

Wed Sep 1 01:19:23 MST 2004

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 13:07:19 +0500, Imran Akbar <mail at akbars.net> wrote:

>     I was wondering if anyone knows where i can find out the standards
> used by telco's in different countries...

try this ...

http://artofhacking.com/files/callerid/index1.htm

> and how to configure asterisk to support them.

Asterisk doesn't deal with CallerID directly, it delegates that to the
channel drivers, for example the Zaptel drivers for Digium's Zaptel
cards.

Zaptel drivers only support Bell 212 caller ID out of the box. For
other caller ID schemes you need to patch the drivers with the various
modifications some people have made to adapt the code. If there is no
such patch for the scheme you want to use, then you will have to
rewrite the relevant driver code yourself (or get somebody else to do
it for you).

hth
rgds
benjk