[Asterisk-Users] SMS & Asterisk - an explanation

Linus Surguy linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 00:38:39 MST 2004

Actually, he meant that you need to have caller ID presentation turned on on
the line so that when people call you, you can see their caller ID.

However, I don't believe that that is a requirement for the sending side to
work, just for the receiving side.

I know for a while BT did say at fixed line SMS would not be available from
ISDN30 lines, I don't know if this is still true.

Linus