[Asterisk-Users] Amount of time asterisk take to pickup incoming call on ZAP interface

Sun Oct 31 23:16:16 MST 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:36:41 +1100, Sophus <sophus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, is it possible to change the amount of time it takes asterisk to
> pickup an incoming call on a zaptel interface?

I presume you are talking about an analog FXO port here. The reason
why it takes Asterisk a while before it "picks up" is that it will try
to read the caller ID information which it is programmed to expect
alongside the first few rings and consequently it won't pickup any
earlier.

If you don't need caller ID detection or if you are in a country that
has a different way to send caller ID than the US, you may want to
turn caller ID detection off in the Zaptel driver. Check
/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf

rgds
benjk
Tokyo, Japan.