[Asterisk-Users] polycom IP 500/600

Matthew Marlowe matthew.marlowe at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 18:10:47 MST 2004

Another idea, not sure if it was stated yet is to just run the ftp
server on a private ip address and/or if you are going to have it on a
public ip restrict by ip address.  I run my ftp server on a private ip
which is open to everyone on the private lan and on the public side,
for example I only allow one static ip address to connect to it
because I only have one outside person with a polycom phone and they
have a static ip.

Just an idea.

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:21:01 -0500, John Baker <johnb at listbrokers.com> wrote:

> The phone has a web interface.  Couldn't you just use an expect script
> to change it?
>
> John Baker
>
> Karl J. Vesterling wrote:
>

> > One could use SCP with certificates for authentication and avoid all the
> > issues with FTP and it's vulnerabilities.

> >>         I understand why you would want to use FTP (no filename
> >> changes).  Why is the default password such a big issue?
> >>
> >>         This is a chicken or the egg - how is the phone supposed to
> >> know it's new ftp password BEFORE it can get the config file - via FTP!?!
> >>
> >> --
> >> Kristian Kielhofner
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Karl J. Vesterling
> > *E-Mail:* kjv at ken-ton.com
> > *Yahoo Messenger:* karl_vesterling
> > *ICQ: *1548052
> > *AOL Instant Messenger:* n2vqm

> > *Telephone:
> > Washington DC:* (202) 448-3009 Extension 0
> > *Annapolis MD:* (240) 524-6706 Extension 0
> > *Seattle WA:* (360) 516-1822 Extension 0
> > *Niagara Falls NY:* (716) 286-9175 Extension 0
> > *Buffalo NY:* (716) 608-1121 Extension 0
> > *United Kingdom:* 0870 3403428 Extension 0

MBM