[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 bandwidth efficiency calculations from Farfon

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Sat Oct 30 18:15:51 MST 2004

The chart is good, but I think it makes a mistake for iLBC:

Isn't iLBC 13.something kbps?

Also, since iLBC uses 30ms frames (when used with asterisk, at least),
it has slightly lower overhead.  Approx 2/3 as much overhead.

(not that I'm a big iLBC fanboy or anything.. -- I still prefer a free
codec).

-SteveK