[Asterisk-Users] echo with long distance

Mike Nugent asterisk at illuminatus.org
Sat Oct 30 17:21:03 MST 2004

Ok, I have an odd problem.  I'm running Asterisk 1.0.1 and a setup like
this:

Analog phone <--> Adtran channel bank <--> Asterisk <--> IAX <-->
Asterisk <--> PRI

For local calls it works perfectly.  For long distance calls, it creates
an echo.  I don't have any problems when doing this with local or LD:

SIP <--> Asterisk <--> PRI

I have echo cancellation & when bridged turn on on both Asterisk boxes.
I need it for the one with the PRI, and have tried it both off and on
with the one the channel bank is hooked up to.  It's worse without the
echo cancellation, but still there with it.  My next attempt it to play
with the number of taps a little.  I don't want to drop the gain too far
because I don't want people having to yell into the phone.

Can you guys think of any reason it would pop up for LD but not for
local calls?  It might give me some further ideas on where to find the
problem.

Thanks,
--
Mike Nugent <asterisk at illuminatus.org>