[Asterisk-Users] iax registration & port number

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Oct 30 07:25:20 MST 2004

I'm trying to config a temp iax connection between two current * boxes.
One is behind a firewall, the other uses a registered IP.

I config'ed the * box behind the firewall to 'register' with the one that
has a registered IP. The registration is occuring and the CLI indicates:
 -- Registered 'xxx2yyy' (AUTHENTICATED) at 1.2.3.193:50192
 -- Registered 'xxx2yyy' (AUTHENTICATED) at 1.2.3.193:50262

However, I'm confused about the :50192 and :50262 port numbers shown
above. I was expecting to see udp 4569 instead.

I was hoping to use the registration process to avoid having to write
a firewall rule allowing udp 4569 inbound. Am I off base or just missing
something simple here? How do I force registration to use udp 4569 for
both source and destination ports instead of the changing port numbers?