[Asterisk-Users] Wireless phones connected to VOIP DECT base station

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Sat Oct 30 00:37:00 MST 2004

Hi list!

I found an interesting wireless phone product. Tiptel will be selling a
base station for DECT phones that is VOIP capable. The base station comes
in two models, one with the SCCP the other with H.323 protocol support.

The interesting bit is that the base station is VOIP connected but you can
use standard (cheap) DECT phones to connect to it.

I found it on www.tiptel.nl (the websites in other countries do not
mention this model) and the model is called tiptel DECT-Z 600 IP systeem

Yu can find it on www.tiptel.nl -> producten -> DECT Draadloze
telefoonsystemen -> tiptel DECT-Z 600 IP systeem
http://www.tiptel.nl/fr_top.asp?lang_id=1&mid=901&pid=901

Unfortunately the product page is in Dutch only.

I wonder if Tiptel make this themselves or whether they bough an OEM
product from a manufacturer. When googling I could not find a similar
product though and there aren't nay mentioned under Wireless VOIP in the
wiki either.

Are there other similar base stations?