[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk works with SER

杨海波 yanghaibo at sict.ac.cn
Fri Oct 29 19:11:20 MST 2004

Hello everyone,
I want Asterisk works as a SIP client of my SIP Proxy(running SER),
so I add a register definition in sip.conf:
   register => user:secret:authuser at host:port/extension

Now calls from SER can be handled well,But I can't call to SER ,
so I add a section in sip.conf like this:

[mysipprovider-out]
 type=peer
 secret=password
 username=2345
 host=sipserver.mysipprovider.com
 fromuser=2345
 fromdomain=fwd.pulver.com
 nat=yes

And now I can call to SER but When Asterisk receives calls from SER ,
It responses the calls with 407 (Proxy Authentication Required)
because SER(and SER's UA) isn't a UA of Asterisk , they can't handles these 407 responses,
and the calls failed.

Can you tell me How I can have calls in both directions(out and in)?

Thanks