[Asterisk-Users] iLBC/PCM16 Huge Cost

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Fri Oct 29 12:33:10 MST 2004

--On Friday, October 29, 2004 11:08 -0700 Trevor Peirce
<tpeirce at digitalcon.ca> wrote:

> Michael Loftis wrote:
>
>> Little tireds now so you may have already done all this but make sure
>> you have latest libpri, zaptel, and asterisk, in that order.
>
> It seems that disabling MMX  support in zaptel fixed *all* my problems,
> from hold music, to iLBC times, to random crashes.  That's odd though, as
> I'm using a Celeron 1.7 GHz chip which supports MMX.   Perhaps the small
> celeron cache is to blame?

Could be, celeron's are also known to have weird MMX stuff going on in
them, not quite as well accellerated as MMX should be, and indeed may be
slower in this case, although it's hard to believe it's pathologically so.
Though apparently it is.  Glad you found a solution!