[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with own IP address

Bill Seddon bill.seddon at lyquidity.com
Fri Oct 29 09:58:33 MST 2004

If a server running Asterisk has its own IP address while SIP phones are
behind a NAT router on a different IP address, the phones should be able to
contact and register with the Asterisk server, right?

I'm sure the answer is yes, because I can register my SIP phones with other
Asterisk installations.  But since it's not working for me, and I gone to
the trouble of getting a dedicated IP address for the Asterisk box, I
thought I'd check.

Bill Seddon