[Asterisk-Users] Outbound IAX calls stop ringing remote phone, yet can still pick up

Stephen David steve at davidnj.net
Fri Oct 29 09:06:12 MST 2004

Greetings,

I've recently encountered some strange behavior placing outbound calls using IAX via a VOIP provider.  Intermittently, calls placed will ring the called phone a couple times, then the ringing stops.  However, even after a few seconds of silence i can pick up the phone and the call is connected.

I've tried this with two different VOIP providers (voicepulse and nufone), and have experienced the behavior on both.

Any ideas?  I would've thought that the voip provider would be responsible for generating the ring tones, but i'm not sure.

Regards,
Steve