[Asterisk-Users] Echo in CAPI channels

Derek Conniffe derek at rivertower.ie
Fri Oct 29 08:08:43 MST 2004

Hi Peter,

Ah yes - I get you now - sorry for misunderstanding and I think you've
hit the nail on the head.

I have a couple of budgetones and a Cisco 7940.  I do have a few FXS
cards so I'll have to put one in the * server and see if there is no
echo when I talk to someone on a remote POTS line - I'd say the "echo"
will be gone.  For sure the echo I get is quick (and it could easily be
1/10th of a second which is about the time that you are suggesting).
I'll also have to play with the capi.conf echo options and see if I can
remove the echo that way.

Thanks,

Derek

Peter Svensson wrote:

>What do you have in your end was what I meant. What do you talk in? An
>isdn phone? A pots phone? Those are really the only two options where you
>do not have an added delay (actually, the zaptel cards add 1ms delay if
>the call is cross-connected between cards). If you use a voip technology
>phone such as a softphone or a hard ip phone you will have at an absolute
>minimum an additional 40ms round trip time, but more realisitcally twice
>that at least. That moves the echo from the sidetone to actually being
>perceived as an echo.
>
>Peter

Derek Conniffe
Rivertower Ltd
DDI: (Local Ireland) 01 201 0146 (International) +353 1 201 0146
Mobile: (Local Ireland) 086 856 3823 (International) +353 86 856 3823
Main Line: (Local Ireland) 1890 45 70 74 (International) +353 1 201 0180
Fax: (Local Ireland) 01 201 0085 (International) +353 1 201 0085
Email: derek at rivertower.ie
Web: www.rivertowerhosting.com