[Asterisk-Users] Echo in CAPI channels

Derek Conniffe derek at rivertower.ie
Fri Oct 29 07:40:32 MST 2004

I'm telephone company connections only (due to only having a 64Kbps
fixed internet connection).

Its definitely relating to the far end because it only happens when I'm
talking to a person using an analogue line on the far end but the
question asked by Robert Rozman a couple of hours ago is quite
interesting: how come the echo doesn't happen with other ISDN telephone
equipment and only with Asterisk?  I've been using ISDN for years now
and the first time I ever heard any echo was with Asterisk.  Unless you
are right about the echo only being noticable because of the additional
delay by having Asterisk in the system (I'm running Asterisk on a
Pentium III 500Mhz with SCSI disks and the server doesn't do anything
else in life) this could be it.

Thanks,

Derek